Search This Blog

Thursday, September 10, 2020

Mock Interview

     On September 09, 2020 I had the chance to do a mock interview with my school. I interviewed for a full time OTR position at a nursing and rehab center. Below is my reflection on how I thought the interview went.

 How do you feel the interview went overall? 

    I personally feel like it went well. I was a little nervous before beginning, but once I got in there my nerves went away. I tend to make myself nervous, but once I start I am reassured that I will do great if I just be myself. I think considered it was my first zoom interview it went well. 

How did you prepare for the interview?

    Honestly, I thought about a few questions I may ask the interviewer, but other than that I did not really prepare. I have had a job interview in the past and knew that some of the questions would involve asking about my strengths, weaknesses, and some personal experiences. I had in my mind what I wanted to say, but I do best when I think on the spot. 

What, if anything, went differently than you expected

I was not prepared for the question related to FW. I think it made me stop and think for a little because both of my most recent ones were online. I just had to stop gather my thoughts and answer the question to the best of my ability. I feel like I adapted well and answered the question honestly. This was a good question to ask though to prepare me.

What's something you would change if you could go through this process again (or something you'll do differently when you're in a real-life interview situation)?

     If I do this again, I will be more prepared when it comes to answering questions about FW. Another thing I may change would be when asked to tell a little about myself I was very short, and I think I could have done a little more explaining to let the person know more about me than what was on the paper. 

What's something you learned during this process that may be helpful to you as you prepare to enter the workforce as an OT practitioner?

    That smiling and making a mistake is normal we are all humans. That being open to criticism and letting people know that I have good personal skills and can use humor in a situation to lighten the mood could make my transition into a new facility easier. I need to prepare questions and again just be myself. If they hire someone, they thought was someone else it could make transitioning into work more difficult with other co-workers. Be open and always be ready to think on your toes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment